Jacob Kraemer Tebes PhD
Professor of Psychiatry (Psychology), in the Child Study Center and of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases); Director, Division of Prevention and Community Research, Department of Psychiatry; Director, The Consultation Center; Chief Psychologist, Connecticut Mental Health Center
Departments & Organizations
Junior Faculty Training Program
School of Public Health
Child Study Center
Psychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center | Prevention and Community Research, Division of | Stress & Addiction Clinical Research Program | Psychology Section | Women's Behavioral Health Research, Division of
Community psychology; Prevention & mental health promotion; Adolescent substance use and youth development; Culture, human diversity, and social justice; Recovery from mental illness; Research methodology; Program & systems evaluation; Interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research; Community-based participatory research and team science more...
- B.S., Georgetown University, 1977
- Ph.D., SUNY at Buffalo, 1984
- Tebes, J. K., Thai, N. D., & Matlin, S. L. Twenty-first century science as a relational process: From Eureka! to team science and a place for community psychology. American Journal of Community Psychology, 2014.
- Mohatt, N. V., Thompson, A. B., Thai, N. D., & Tebes, J. K. Historical trauma as public narrative: A conceptual review of how history impacts present-day health. Social Science & Medicine, 2014, 106, 128-136.
- Tebes J.K., Kaufman JS, Connell C, Crusto, CA, & Thai, ND. Evaluation in prevention and health promotion. In: T Gugliotta & M Bloom (Eds). Encycl. Primary Prevention Health Promotion, 2nd Ed. NY: Kluwer, 2014.