Joan Kaufman PhD
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and in the Child Study Center; Co-Director, Zigler Center Child Welfare Unit
Departments & Organizations
Child Study Center: Edward Zigler Center in Child Development and Social Policy | NIMH Research Training Program in Childhood-onset Neuropsychiatric Disorders | Albert J. Solnit Integrated Training Program
Psychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center
Child Abuse and Neglect; Risk and Resilience; Psychiatric Diagnoses. more...
- B.A., Tufts University, 1981
- Ph.D., Yale University, 1990
- Kaufman, J., Yang, B.Z., Douglas-Palumberi, H., Houshyar, S., Lipschitz, D. Krystal, J.H., & Gelernter, J. (2004). Social Supports and Serotonin Transporter Gene Moderate Depression in Maltreated Children. Proceeding National Academy of Science; 101: 17316-17321.
- DeSena, A.D., Murphy, R.A., Douglas-Palumberi, H., Blau, G., Kelly, B., Horwitz, S., Kaufman, J. (2005). SAFE Homes: Is it Worth the Cost? An Evaluation of the Connecticut Model of Intervention For Children who Enter Out-of-Home Care. Child Abuse and Neglect; 29(6):627-43.
- Weder, N. & Kaufman, J. (2012). Critical Periods Revisited: Implications for Interventions with Traumatized Children. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 50(11): 1087-1089.