Walter S Gilliam MSEd, PhD
Associate Professor in the Child Study Center and of Psychology; Associate Professor of Psychology; Director, The Edward Zigler Center in Child Development and Social Policy
Departments & Organizations
Yale Medical Group
Office of Student ResearchChild Study Center: Edward Zigler Center in Child Development and Social Policy; NIMH Research Training Program in Childhood-onset Neuropsychiatric Disorders; Albert J. Solnit Integrated Training
Child care and early childhood education; Intervention policy analysis; Early childhood mental health consultation; Child and family social policy; Young child development more...
- M.Sc., University of Kentucky, 1993
- Ph.D., University of Kentucky, 1996
- Gilliam, W.S. & Frede, E. (in press). Accountability and program evaluation in early education. In R.C. Pianta, L. Justice, W.S. Barnett, & S. Sheridan (Eds.), Handbook of early education. New York: Guilford Publications.
- Gilliam, W. S., & Sosinsky, L. S. (in press). Measuring the environments of early care, education and intervention programs for children in poverty. In L. C. Mayes & M. Lewis (Eds.), A developmental environment measurement handbook. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Zigler, E., Gilliam, W.S., & Barnett, W.S. (Eds.). (2011). The pre-k debates: Current controversies and issues. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes.