Thomas V Fernandez MD
Assistant Professor in the Child Study Center and of Psychiatry
- Genetic sequence and structural variation in Tourette syndrome, Complex Motor Stereotypies, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Clinical trials of medications for children with tic disorders
Uncovering the genetic basis of childhood neuropsychiatric disorders including Tourette Syndrome, OCD, and anxiety. Using these findings to understand the biology of disorders, improve diagnosis and treatment.
- Fernandez TV, et al. (2012). Rare copy number variants in Tourette syndrome disrupt genes in histaminergic pathways and overlap with autism. Biological Psychiatry 71 (5): 392-402.
- Scharf JM, et al. (2012). Genome-wide association study of Tourette syndrome. Molecular Psychiatry. Aug 14 [Epub].
- Sanders SJ et al. (2011). Multiple recurrent de novo copy number variations (CNVs), including duplications of the 7q11.23 Williams-Buren syndrome region, are strongly associated with autism. Neuron 70 (5):863-885.
- Ercan-Sencicek AG, et al. (2010). L-histidine decarboxylase and Tourette’s syndrome. New England Journal of Medicine 362: 1901-8.