Adolescent Psychiatry; Child Psychiatry; Inpatients; Psychiatry
My research interests are the development, implementation and evaluation of effective treatments for childhood onset mental disorders. Current active projects include
- Implementation and evaluation of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and ç management training (PMT) in our Outpatient Clinic;
- Development, implementation, and evaluation of state-wide network of Intensive, In-home Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Service (IICAPS).
Specialized Terms: Child and adolescent psychiatry; Inpatient child psychiatry; Intensive home-based treatment; Empirically based practice; Implementation of empirically based practice
- Defining Dropout: How Definitions Shape the Prevalence and Predictors of Attrition. Warnick E, Gonzalez A, Weersing VA, Scahill L, and Woolston J. (In Press). Defining Dropout: How Definitions Shape the Prevalence and Predictors of Attrition. Child and Adolescent Mental Health.
Predictors of treatment attrition among an outpatient clinic sample of youths with clinically significant anxiety.
Gonzalez A, Weersing VA, Warnick E, Woolston J, and Scahill L. (In Press). Predictors of Treatment Attrition among an Outpatient Sample of Anxious Youth. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research.
Selecting measures for use in child mental health services: a scorecard approach.
Warnick, E.M., Weersing, V.R., Scahill, L., Woolston J.L. Selecting Measures for Use in Child Mental Health Services. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research. 36: 112-122, 2009.
Intensive, integrated, in-home psychiatric services: the catalyst to enhancing outpatient intervention.
Woolston, J.L., Berkowitz, S.J., Schaefer, M.C., Adnopoz, J.A. Intensive, integrated, in-home psychiatric services: the catalyst to enhancing outpatient intervention. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, Vol. 7, pp. 615-633, July, 1998.
Implementing evidence-based treatments in organizations
Woolston, J.L. Implementing evidenced-based treatments in organizations. J.Acad. Child Adolesc. Psychiatry, in press
- In-Home Care as a Treatment Option: A New Paradigm for Children with Serious Psychiatric Illness. Woolston, J.L., Adnopoz, J., Berkowitz, S., In-Home Care as a Treatment Option: A New Paradigm for Children with Serious Psychiatric Illness. New Haven: Yale Press. In Press
- In-home Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Service (IICAPS) Treatment Manual. Woolston, J.L., Adnopoz, J., Berkowitz, S., Intensive, In-home Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Service (IICAPS) Treatment Manual. New Haven: Yale Press. 2007.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Jeffreys M, Rozenman M, Gonzalez A, Warnick EM, Dauser C, Scahill L, Woolston J, Robin Weersing V: Factor Structure of the Parent-Report Mood and Feelings Questionnaire (MFQ) in an Outpatient Mental Health Sample. J Abnorm Child Psychol. 2016 Aug. PMID: 26670323
- Barbot B, Bick J, Bentley MJ, Balestracci KM, Woolston JL, Adnopoz JA, Grigorenko EL: Changes in mental health outcomes with the intensive in-home child and adolescent psychiatric service: a multi-informant, latent consensus approach. Int J Methods Psychiatr Res. 2016 Mar; 2015 Jul 15. PMID: 26173903
- Warnick EM, Bearss K, Weersing VR, Scahill L, Woolston J: Shifting the treatment model: impact on engagement in outpatient therapy. Adm Policy Ment Health. 2014 Jan. PMID: 22968436
- Lebowitz ER, Woolston J, Bar-Haim Y, Calvocoressi L, Dauser C, Warnick E, Scahill L, Chakir AR, Shechner T, Hermes H, Vitulano LA, King RA, Leckman JF: Family accommodation in pediatric anxiety disorders. Depress Anxiety. 2013 Jan; 2012 Sep 10. PMID: 22965863
- Warnick EM, Weersing VR, Scahill L, Woolston JL: Selecting measures for use in child mental health services: a scorecard approach. Adm Policy Ment Health. 2009 Mar; 2009 Jan 6. PMID: 19127425
- Woolston JL: Implementing evidence-based treatments in organizations. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2005 Dec. PMID: 16292125
- Szydlo D, van Wattum PJ, Woolston J: Psychological aspects of diabetes mellitus. Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2003 Jul. PMID: 12910817
- Rice BJ, Woolston J, Stewart E, Kerker BD, Horwitz SM: Differences in younger, middle, and older children admitted to child psychiatric inpatient services. Child Psychiatry Hum Dev. 2002 Summer. PMID: 12022769
- Woolston JL: The administration of hospital-based services. Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2002 Jan. PMID: 11793572