James Pierpont Comer MD
Maurice Falk Professor in the Child Study Center and Professor of Psychiatry; Associate Dean for Student Affairs, School of Medicine
Departments & Organizations
Albert J. Solnit Integrated Training Program
Child Study Center: Comer School Development Program | Edward Zigler Center in Child Development and Social Policy | NIMH Research Training Program in Childhood-onset Neuropsychiatric Disorders | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Training Program
Child development; education more...
- B.A., Indiana University, 1956
- M.D., Howard University, 1960
- M.P.H., University of Michigan, 1964
- Comer, J.P. (2009) What I Learned in School: Reflections on Race, Child Development, and School Reform. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Comer, J.P.(2009) From There to Here. Those Who Dared: Five Visionaries who Changed American Education. Carl Glickman, editor. New York: Teachers College Press. 49-80.
- Comer, J.P., Emmons, C (2009) Capturing Complexity: Evaluation of the Yale Child Study Center School Development Program. International Perspectives on Contexts, Communities and Evaluated Innovative Practices. Rollande Deslandes, editor. New York: Routledge (204-219).