Eli R. Lebowitz Ph.D.
Assistant Professor in the Child Study Center
Anxiety disorders; Family accommodation; Parent based treatment; Motion-tracking
Studying the course and character of anxiety disorders of children with an emphasis on the systemic and relational characteristics such as family accommodation to the child's symptoms. Development, testing and dissemination of therapeutic interventions for childhood anxiety, particularly parent-based treatment.
The study of avoidance, a core feature of anxiety, using novel motion-tracking technology and software.
- Lebowitz, E. R., Woolston, J., Bar-Haim, Y., Calvocoressi, L., Dauser, C., Warnick, E., . . . Leckman, J. F. (2012). Family Accommodation in Pediatric Anxiety Disorders. Depression and Anxiety. doi: 10.1002/da.21998
- Lebowitz, E. R., Panza, K. E., Su, J., & Bloch, M. H. (2012). Family accommodation in obsessive–compulsive disorder. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, 12(2), 229-238. doi: 10.1586/ern.11.200
- Lebowitz, E.R., Vitulano, L., Mataix-Cols, D., Leckman, J.F., (In Press) When OCD takes over…the family! Coercive and disruptive behaviors in paediatric obsessive compulsive disorder. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry.
- Lebowitz, E. R. (2011) Anxiety disorders in childhood. In Van Holen, E, Lampo, A, Vanderfaeillie, J (Eds.) Nonviolent resistance and the new authority in family therapy, education and psychiatric care. (pp 69-73). Brussels: Brussels University Press
- Omer H., Lebowitz E. R. (2007) Children's Fears: Choosing Support Over Protection. Tel Aviv: Sfarim
- Lebowitz, E. R., Vitulano, L, Omer, H (2011) Coercive and disruptive behaviors in pediatric obsessive compulsive disorder- A qualitative analysis. Psychiatry, 74(4).
- Lebowitz, E. R., Omer, H., Leckman J. F. (2011) Coercive and disruptive behaviors in pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder. Depression and Anxiety
- Omer, H., Yogev, I., Lebowitz, E. (2010). Gewaltloser Widerstand in der Behandlung von abhängigen jungen Erwachsenen: eine Serie von 10 Fällen. Pschoterapie in Dialog