Lisa Creane Hayden PhD Clin
Clinical Instructor in the Child Study Center
Attachment; Developmental Trauma; Psychiatric Course of Illness; Intergenerational Transmission of Mental Illness; Transacational Models; Family Functioning; Treatment Efficacy; Dialectical Behavior Therapy; Memory; Executive Functioning
"Memory Processes Among School-Aged Children" approved by DCF IRB 2008-2011
"Dialectical Behavior Therapy as a treatment for aggression in an adolescent inpatient population." submitted to DCF IRB for approval.
Dr. Hayden studies the cognitive and psychiatric sequalae of child maltreatment within the context of family functioning and effective treatment. Her most recent research has focused on how trauma affects memory and executive functioning, and her ongoing research is on treatment efficacy with suicidal children and adolescents within an inpatient psychiatric milieu.
- Parade, S., Kopko, K., Hayden, L., Schiller, M., Seifer, R. & Dickstein, S. (2011). Timing and severity of maternal depression: Links with infant mental health in the early postpartum period. Submitted to Infant Mental Health Journal.
- Valentino, K., Bridgett, D. & Hayden, L. (2011). Abuse, depression, executive functioning and overgeneral memory among a psychiatric sample of children and adolescents. Submitted to Journal of Clinical child and Adolescent Psychology.
- Seifer, R., Sameroff, A.J., Dickstein, S., Schiller, M., & Hayden, L.C. (2004). Your own children are special: Clues to the sources of reporting bias in temperament assessment. Infant Behavior and Development, 27: 323-341.
- Seifer, R., Dickstein, S., Sameroff, A.J., Magee, K.D., & Hayden, L.C. (2001). Infant mental health and variability of parental depressive symptoms. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 40: 1375-1382.
- Zakriski, A.L., Seifer, R., Sheldrick. R.C., Hayden. L., Herman, M., Dickstein, S., & Sameroff, A.J. (1999). Applying peer sociometric assessment to a clinically-identified sample. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 20, 481-499.
- Hayden, L.C., Schiller, M., Dickstein, S., Seifer, R., Sameroff, A.J., Miller, I., Keitner, G. & Rasmussen, S. (1998). Levels of family assessment I: Family, marital and parent-child interaction. Journal of Family Therapy, 12, 7-22.